Welcome to the Challenge Foundation!
Our Mission. Established in 1989, we are a private charitable trust dedicated to the following:
We support model educational initiatives that make it possible for every American child to attain a high school education that produces literate, factually aware, and thinking graduates second to none in the world.
Those model educational initiatives receiving support from the Challenge Foundation shall assure that each child:
- Becomes a motivated and capable learner.
- Acquires the essential knowledge and skills needed to compete in an increasingly competitive world.
- Builds character and makes choices that will result in a better life for themselves and others.
- Has the active involvement of parents, mentors, and the community throughout the educational process.
- Benefits, not detracts from society.
Our Grantmaking. To accomplish our mission, the Board of Trustees and Advisory Committee have determined that the Foundation will support model charter schools. The Foundation will also support school choice and education reform projects that promote the charter school movement. Grant proposals are received only at the Foundation's request. We do not accept unsolicited proposals.
Our Policies. Grants are limited to tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations or public institutions.